Staurogyne repens is a stunning new member of the acanthus family found in Brazil. It’s a bit similar to a miniature Hygrophila in appearance, but it’s an excellent foreground plant. Its growth is exceedingly slow and in ideal conditions it will creep over the growing medium. Powerful illumination and a decent source of nutrients are required to grow this variety. Staurogyne will produce many new horizontal shoots after frequent pruning, and will ultimately provide a lovely, dense mass of foliage. These beauties pair well with Hemianthus callitrichoides in aquascapes.
Note: No international shipping available for this item.
· Slow-growing, creeping stem plant
· Hugely popular in aquascaping
· Fabulous compact plant that needs a lot of maintenance and care
· Great for Nano Cubes
· Cultivated and packed in sterile conditions to guarantee quality
· No algae, snails, or other unwanted pests
· Plant is shipped in a clear plastic cup with leaves submerged – no acclimation required
· “How To Plant” instructions printed inside the label
· CO2 20-30mg/L
· Ideal growing temp range 22 to 28°C (65 to 78°F)