Micranthemum spec. 'Monte Carlo' is a new foreground plant with a lot of possibilities. This variety is named after the Argentinian city of Monte Carlo in the province of Misiones. Unlike M. umbrosum, this plant does not grow upward, but creeps over the bottom to create a carpet. This makes this cultivar a fantastic alternative to Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba', with much better growth patterns. This pearl grass is ideally suited for aquascapes in Nano Cubes.
In Vitro plantlets are submerged in 100 percent humidity. Many aquatic plants available are emersed, which means the foliage grows above the water. These plants die back when they are planted inside a tank, and they regrow with the new leaves looking and feeling different than they did when they were purchased. With In Vitro submersed specimens, you get steady, nonstop growth.
Another advantage to the culture cups is that they have many small plantlets that can be divided out and spread throughout your aquascape, so you get great value for the price.
Note: No international shipping available for this item.
· Easy maintenance foreground plant
· Produces a dense cushion
· Intense green hue
· Exceptional for Nano Cubes
· Cultivated and packed in sterile conditions, which means no pest infestations or pathogens arise
· No algae or snails
· Specimen is shipped in a plastic container with leaves submersed – no acclimation necessary
· Includes planting instructions inside the label
· CO2: 20-30mg/L
· Ideal growing temp range 65 to 78°F (22 to 26°C)
· Keep sealed in daylight until ready to plant