Native to Cuba, this variety is known as dwarf baby tears because of its tiny size. The leaves are only a few millimeters wide at the largest. Hemianthus callitrichoides is a highly adaptable plant in terms of water softness and hardness, but it requires good light levels and a plentiful supply of CO2. Plants that develop above water can be split into small parts and planted. This will give you a lush foreground cushion. Aquascape projects combining dwarf baby tears with different rocks look both decorative and natural. Try planting Hemianthus with a red or purple species to provide contrast.
Note: No international shipping available for this item.
• Vivid lime green foreground plant
• Creeps as a lush carpet
• Incredibly tiny leaves
• Requires some experience and a lot of maintenance to grow
• Ideal temperature range of 65 to 78°F (18 to 26°C)
• “How to Plant” guide printed inside the label
• Grown and packed in sterile settings in a watertight plastic cup
• Free of disease, algae, snails, and other unwanted pests
• Keep unopened in daylight until ready to use