Glossostigma elatinoides from Australia is popular in Japanese-influenced aquascapes. It is one of the smallest aquarium plants (1 to 1 ½ inches tall), so it’s excellent as a foreground plant. Glossostigma can be challenging to grow while keeping good form. It prefers bright lighting and becomes spindly with insufficient illumination. Be sure to keep larger plants from overshadowing it. We suggest planting the cuttings about one or two inches apart to help the plants grow together more quickly. Boost growth with CO2 dosing and keep the water values softer.
InVitro plantlets are submerged in 100 percent humidity. Many freshwater plantlets are sold immersed, which means the leaves are growing above the water. These plants die back after they are placed inside a tank, and they regrow with the new leaves looking different than they did when they were sold. With InVitro submerged plantlets, you get unchanging, constant growth.
Another benefit to the culture cups is that they contain many small plantlets that can be separated and spread throughout your aquarium, so you get great value for your money.
Note: No international shipping available for this item.
• Lime green foreground plant
• Suggested for planted aquarium owners with intermediate experience
• Ideal temps 68 to 79°F (20 to 26°C)
• CO2 – 20 - 30mg/L
• “How to Plant” care guide can be found inside the label
• Propagated and packaged in sterile settings in a watertight culture cup
• No diseases, algae, snails, or other unwelcome pests
• Keep sealed in daylight until ready to plant