The Flamingo Cryptocoryne’s most noticeable feature is the pale to dark pink coloration of its leaves. This unusual and attractive variety was grown by chance in one of the Dennerle greenhouses. Flamingo is cultivated only through meristem propagation in the laboratory, and is sold in a plastic culture cup. It has very slow growth in aquascapes and needs strong illumination to ensure successful development. This unique plant looks great when combined with mosses or Hemianthus, making a wonderful focal point for an aquascape.
One of the benefits culture cups provide is their multiple small plantlets that can be divided out and spread throughout your aquascape, so you get great value for the price.
Note: No international shipping available for this item.
Red cultivars tend to die back when planted in a tank, but will recover in a week or two with good lighting and CO2 dosing.
· Striking pink color
· Loves strong illumination
· Slow development
· Wonderful when placed with mosses and creeping plants
· Outstanding for Nano Cubes
· Best for aquascapes – fantastic foreground plant
· Low maintenance, undemanding
· Cultivated and packaged under sterile conditions, which means no pest infestations or diseases arise
· No snails – No algae
· Store unopened in temperatures ranging from 77°F to 80°F and daylight until ready to use
· The plantlets already have submersed leaves, so they don’t need to be acclimated
· "How to plant" instructions printed on the inside of the label