Utricularia graminifolia creates a gorgeous, lime green carpet or cushion for the foreground of your planted tank. This variety was found at 6560 feet above sea level in swift-flowing water and emersed in the splash zone of small brooks in Sri Lanka. In aquascapes utricularia needs medium lighting to gradually produce a lush but extremely short carpet. This species is unusual in that it is a carnivorous plant and grows distinctive bladder traps to capture passing microorganisms. Fish and shrimp are absolutely safe, however.
In Vitro plantlets are submerged in 100 percent humidity. Many aquarium plantlets available are immersed, which means the foliage is grown above the water. These plants die back after they are placed within a tank, and they regrow with the new leaves looking different than they did when they were purchased. With InVitro submersed plants, you get continual, uninterrupted development.
Note: No international shipping available for this item.
• A carnivorous plant that requires a lot of maintenance
• Good for nano cubes
• Ideal temps 72 to 82°F (22 to 28°C)
• CO2 – 10 to 20mg/L
• Each plant is packed in a watertight plastic cup and is guaranteed free of diseases, pests, algae, and snails
• Leaves/blades are submerged in the shipping container, which means they don’t require acclimation
• “How to Plant” instructions printed inside the label
• Keep sealed in temperatures ranging 72 to 78° and daylight until ready to use